Empowering Ourselves and Others in a Changing Climate
The ecological and climate crisis is upon us. We see it in fires, floods, melting ice, and dangerous air. These effects have negative health implications, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Join me on a 12-week journey to navigate the effects on your well-being and explore constructive ways to process it all.
In this 12-week workshop we will explore some of the mental, emotional, and spiritual implications of the ecological and climate crisis. We are going to examine our own reactions; practice coping tools, reframing, and processing; and in community, help build resiliency so that we can face this moment empowered, grounded, and constructive.
This offering consists of:
- 12-weeks of content
- 7 live remote meetings, each 1.5 hours long
- Being a part of an intimate, encouraging group of lovely humans
- Having support from me through this process if and how you want it
- Each week you will receive exercises, resources, concepts, and content to help you explore your ecological grief, however it shows up for you, and grow your eco-empathy to empower yourself and others to create a better world.
- Automatic invite to the free monthly gathering, which provides a less-structured way to interact and meet like-minded folks
- Since the materials are delivered directly to you, you can have life-long access, so you can return to them whenever you wish
We will meet for the first time on March 2, 2022, 5:00-6:30pmET online. This initial meeting will introduce everyone, and the workshop. Then we will meet every other week, starting March 9, 5:00-6:30pmET online until May 18, 2022. On the off weeks, you will receive an email from me with exercises, reflection prompts, and/or resources to dive more deeply into the themes.
- Mar 2: Meet online for an introduction 5pm ET
- Mar 9: Meet online 5-6:30pm ET
- Mar 16: Receive an email
- Mar 23: Meet online 5-6:30pm ET
- Mar 30: Receive an email
- Apr 6: Meet online 5-6:30pm ET
- Apr 13: Receive an email
- Apr 20: Meet online 5-6:30pm ET
- Apr 27: Receive an email
- May 4: Meet online 5-6:30pm ET
- May 11: Receive an email
- May 18: Meet online 5-6:30pm ET
This workshop series cost $333.00
You can pay via PayPal @ArielKMcKBurgess (https://www.paypal.me/ArielKMckBurgess)
You can reach out with questions: email@example.com
Eco-Empathy Workshop with Columbia Land Conservancy
The wonderful Columbia Land Conservancy in Chatham, NY is hosting me and this workshop on February 22, 2022. This workshop is free, and will last about 1.5 hours.
The ecological and climate crisis is upon us. We see it in fires, floods, melting ice, and dangerous air. These effects have negative health implications, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. In this introductory workshop we will explore our emotional responses to what is happening and how we may choose to meet this moment. We will work on honoring the pain and difficult parts, while aiming to transform them towards empowerment, compassion, and strength.
February 22, 2022 6:00-7:30pmET
Sign up through the Columbia Land Conservancy website.
Free Monthly Gathering
Gather with others who are interested in exploring ecological questions, emotional elements of climate change, ideas of change, and building community.
Interested in coming together with life-minded folks? Interested in exploring ecopsychology?
Interested in talking ecology?
Interested in talking about how to create a more-just, more-thriving, more-loving world?
Interested to get a glimpse into what I offer?
Then, this may be right for you!
Each month we will have a different theme. (No, I will not announce ahead of time, it’s a surprise!) We will have at least one shared activity or exercise as well as open conversation. Come check it out!
First Tuesday of the month: 6:30-7:30pmET
Email me if you are interested, and I will send you the link each month: firstname.lastname@example.org